- Black History Month: Join us at Holy Trinity, Lucan (189 Main Street), February 24 at 7pm.
Let us celebrate the faithful and incredible resolve with phenomenal preaching, critical storytelling and powerful music! SEE THE POSTER
- JAZZ VESPERS is returning to St. James Anglican Church in Stratford on Sunday February 19 at 4 p.m. with the Michael Wood Trio (Michael Wood, vibraphone; Ralph Bushmeyer, guitar; Clark Johnston, bass). All are welcome to this informal reflective evening worship service featuring top-flight jazz musicians.
- Lenten Mini Retreat: In the Wilderness with the Principalities and Powers. Saturday, February 25, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM at Renison University College, Waterloo.
Episcopalian lawyer and social activist William Stringfellow, alongside famous theologian Karl Barth, developed intriguing notions about the "fallenness" of the world and our servitude to what St. Paul described as the "principalities and powers." This sounds mysterious, but Barth and Stringfellow took this to be referring to, quite simply, the institutions, ideologies, and images that are all around us, and make claims on our lives. Join Matthew Kieswetter for a half day of prayer, study, reflection, and conversation, as we explore how this lens can inform our Lent, and our lives as Christians in a fallen world.
Registration will soon open at https://uwaterloo.ca/community-and-professional-education/renison-institute-ministry/faith-theology-and-culture or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
The next Choral Evensong at St. Paul’s will be taking place on February 19 at 4:00pm.
It will be sung jointly with members of The Cathedral Singers of Ontario. The Cathedral Singers have been invited to sing this summer for services at Bath Abbey and Bristol Cathedral in England, directed by Ian Sadler and accompanied on the organ by Angus Sinclair.
The service on the 19th the joint choir will be from the Book of Common Prayer. St. Paul’s Director of Music and Organist, Ian Sadler, begins this contemplative service with a prelude: Master Tallis’s Testament by Herbert Howells.
The joint choir will sing the Preces and Responses by William Smith of Durham, Canticles by Thomas Weelkes, and the anthem is "Christ, Whose Glory Fills the Skies", by Keith Bissell. The postlude will be the Psalm Prelude, Set 2, No. 3 (Make A Joyful Noise) by Herbert.
All are welcome and warmly invited to this contemplative service.
- Sunday, February 19, 4 pm – Service of Choral Evensong, St. Martin-in-the-Fields, 489 Pinetree Drive, London.
- EVENTS AT TRINITY CHURCH, SARNIA
2023 Lent Study
Silent Witnesses - The Thorns, The Robe, The Nail, The Spear, The Shroud, The Stone - If only these things could speak! What might they tell us about our Lord's Passion from their viewpoint?
Sessions: 10:00 to 11:30 AM
Feb 22: The Thorns. Ash Wednesday – Service to follow
March 1: The Robe
March 8: The Nail
March 15: The Spear
March 22: The Shroud
March 29: The Stone
All are welcome to join us at this Lenten Study!
Ash Wednesday Services at Trinity Church Sarnia
We will have two Holy Communion services on Ash Wednesday, February 22 at 11:45am (After the bible study with Rev. Peter Leonard) and 7pm. The services will include the imposition of ashes. All are welcome!
Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper – February 21st 5-7pm
We will have pancakes, sausages, and dessert. Free Event - free will offering for the Child and youth programming at Trinity.
- EVENTS AT ST. THOMAS ANGLICAN CHURCH, ST. THOMAS, 20 Flora Street:
Almighty Roast Beef Dinner Fundraiser, on the 4th Friday of each month from 5 to 6:30pm.
$20.00 each, Advance Ticket Sales now available from the office from 10am to 2pm (Tues. to Fri.).
Upcoming Dinner Dates are: Feb. 24th, March 24th, April 28th, May 26th & June 23rd.
Come out and enjoy a heavenly meal! POSTER
Pierogi & Sausage Dinner, Friday, February 10th from 5 to 6:30pm.
$15.00 each, limited tickets available, advance sales are on now.
Dinner includes: pierogies, sausage, red cabbage, roll, beverage & apple strudel dessert.
Gluten free is also available. POSTER
Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper, Tuesday, February 21st from 4:30 to 6:30pm.
by Free Will Donation. Dinner includes: pancakes with real maple syrup, sausages, beverage & dessert.
All are Welcome to join us! POSTER
- EVENTS AT TRIVITT MEMORIAL CHURCH, EXETER, 264 Main St.:
Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper, Feb. 21 – seatings at 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. Come out and enjoy pancakes, scalloped potatoes, ham, baked beans, coleslaw and fellowship. While you are enjoying your meal, have a chat with our new rector, the Rev. Wendy Mencel!
Adults $15; Youth $6; Children 5 and under free. Takeout available. For more information please call Trivitt Memorial Church (519) 235-2565
Lenten Bible Study Wendell Berry and the Sabbath Poetry of Lent – beginning Wed., Feb. 22 - Wed. April 5 2:00 p.m. All are welcome! For more information please call Trivitt Memorial Church (519) 235-2565.
- Holy Trinity Anglican Church, St. George: Join us for our PANCAKE SUPPER. Tuesday, February 21, 5-7pm. 2 Andrew Street. Free will offering. See the POSTER.
- St. Peter's Anglican Church, 4091 Catherine St. Dorchester, is holding their annual Pancake Supper on Tuesday February 21. Eat-In or Take-Out. Free will offering. Proceeds to Community Outreach.GF option available.
- St. John the Evangelist Church, 280 St. James Street, is holding its annual Pancake Supper on Tuesday, February 21, from 5 pm -6:45 pm. Free will offering.
- Christ Anglican Church, 20 Main Street South, Forest, Ontario, is hosting a Shrove Tuesday pancake lunch (see attached poster) on February 21st from 11am to 1pm. Cost $10.00. Pancakes, sausage, Ryan's syrup, dessert, beverage. Take outs available.